Warning: Missing argument 2 for wpdb::prepare(), called in /home/fried/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sharebar/sharebar.php on line 112 and defined in /home/fried/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1210
Warning: Missing argument 2 for wpdb::prepare(), called in /home/fried/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sharebar/sharebar.php on line 124 and defined in /home/fried/public_html/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 1210
Today is Blog Action Day. More than 8,000 blogs around the world have banded together to talk about one cause:
- One third of deaths – some 18 million people a year or 50,000 per day – are due to poverty-related causes
- Every year nearly 11 million children living in poverty die before their fifth birthday
- 800 million people go to bed hungry every night
- There are over 100 million street children worldwide
– Source: Wikipedia
Today, you can make a difference on this blog.
All you have to do is leave a comment telling us about any charity you like which helps the poor. Not only will this help expose other readers to new avenues of tackling poverty, but I will make a donation based on the number of comments on this post.
- 0-10 comments : Friedbeef’s Tech will donate USD 10
- USD 10 gift will feed one person in need for a month. For the hungry, every day is about finding enough food to simply survive. This prevents these individuals from pursuing any other opportunities for self-sufficiency.
- 11-20 comments :Friedbeef’s Tech will donate USD 20
- USD 20 will provide 10 families with enough seeds to begin household farming activities throughout the world. This ensures that families have food security during the off-season by allowing them to grow fruits and vegetables that they can both consume and sell for additional income
- >21 comments : Friedbeef’s Tech will donate 50 USD
- 50 USD will provide an in-school breakfast to 10 hungry children for nine months and help the United Nations World Food Program (WFP) fight hunger in the most impoverished regions of Mauritania.
I will close this donation drive on 22nd Oct 2008, but don’t let that stop you from commenting even after it closes.
ps. If you’re interested, check out our charity page to see our other efforts.