I was doing some bank transaction and was busy filling login credentials. By mistake I pressed the "F5" key and the web page got refreshed and my transaction was ruined.
Most of us come across situations like this numerous times, where we need to avoid pressing a certain set of keys. There are also rarely used keys such as the Scroll Lock key or caps-lock key. Perhaps you’re wishing "Why can’t we change this key to something more useful or disable this key".
Here’s a quick tutorial on how to use Sharpkeys to:
- Make a certain key to act like another.
- Disable a certain key.
2. Now the windows that will open up has 2 sections:-
First, select the key you want to change, then select the key that you want to change your selected key
3. From the left section scroll through the list and select the key that you want to change. This is a long list so searching for your key could be quite tedious, so just press "Type Key" button and press the key that you want to change, and press "OK" to select.
4. Now in the right section select the key that you want to change your key to.
5. After the selection has been done press "OK".
6. Then click "Write to registry" button to apply the changes that you have made.
7. Re-Start your PC.
As soon as your PC restarts, you will see that your keys are changed.
- When choosing a key to map, you can also select the first option (Turn Off Key) to disable the key.
You can use this trick to even play pranks on your friends by disabling their certain keys.
Did you like the software? Do post all your suggestions and queries in the comments below. Instead of old boring conventional keyboard, you can turn it into a more productive machine working and amaze your mates.
This is a guest post written by Pranav Jain and edited by James YeangGoogle+